Richardson RFPD Introduces New Line of High Density, DC Link Power Film Capacitors from Cornell Dubilier
Ideally Suited for Next Generation Inverter Designs Requiring High Bus Voltage, Capacitance and Ripple Current
The Type 947D film capacitor series uses advanced metallized film technology for long life and high reliability in DC link applications where high bus voltage, high capacitance and high ripple current are required for smoothing and filtering. The devices are ideally suited for next generation inverter designs for wind, solar, fuel cells, and UPS systems.
The new capacitors offer up to 20% more capacitance in a competitively-sized case, with lower equivalent series resistance (ESR) and higher ripple current ratings. Their fused, segmented metallization pattern offers greater open circuit protection, superior control of capacitance loss, and increased reliability.
Key features and options of the extensive 947D Series include:
1. Capacitance 130 to 3600 μF and rms current ratings in excess of 100 A
2. Packaged in cylindrical aluminum cases with diameters of 85, 90, 100 and 116 mm
3. Voltage ratings from 800 to 1300 Vdc
4. 200,000 hour life expectancy
5. Heavy duty M8x20 threaded studs, or optional M6 threaded connection inserts
6. Optional M12 mounting stud for robust mechanical connection
7. Hundreds of standard catalog listings
8. Custom designs available.