AWR Introduces Analyst™
AWR Corporation announced the commercial release and immediate availability of Analyst, a full featured, 3D electromagnetic (EM) industry standard finite element method (FEM) simulator that is completely integrated into AWR’s Microwave Office circuit simulation environment, effectively making 3D FEM EM analysis as straightforward as a mouse click.
The ability to perform 3D EM analysis on interconnects commonly found within high-frequency ICs like microwave monolithic integrated circuits (MMICs), RF integrated circuits (RFICs), and microwave integrated circuits (MICs) as well as packages, boards, and modules is the driving force behind Analyst being tightly and fully integrated into the AWR Design Environment™. Analyst benefits circuit designers who need to rely upon 3D FEM EM analysis for both the design and verification of their circuits prior to manufacture. It is now possible to seamlessly include 3D EM simulation in critical circuit simulations such as optimization, tuning, sensitivity, and yield analysis, and even non-linear circuit simulation using harmonic balance. Analyst’s ease-of-use and minimal simulation setup time coupled with the elimination of manual drawing means maximum EM accuracy with minimal overhead.
Typical applications for Analyst include:
• MMIC, RFIC and MIC on-chip passive components
• RF PCB, module, and packaging interconnect
• Finite dielectrics (IC packaging/PCB edges/inhomogeneous boards)
• Hierarchical designs (SoC, SiP)
Key features include:
• Integrated Layout Environment: The Microwave Office layout environment has been enhanced to support 3D parameter controlled layout cells (Pcells) for common 3D objects like bond wires, BGA balls, tapered vias and bond straps.
• Preconfigured for Circuit Designers’ Typical Technologies: Analyst has been set up to work seamlessly with Microwave Office for chip, board, and module layouts.
• Visualization Features: Analyst supports standard 3D simulation visualization features, including 3D mesh viewing and animated field viewing.
• Configurable Solver Technology: Analyst’s simulation engine uses a state-of-the-art finite element simulation algorithm. The default settings have been developed as optimal for the above class of problems.
Pricing and Availability:
The commercial release of Analyst 2012 is available now. For pricing, licensing and evaluation information, contact your local AWR representative. More information on Analyst is available online at: http://www.awrcorp.com/Analyst or http://www.awrcorp.com.