Sonim Technologies, a leading provider of ultra-rugged mobility solutions, in partnership with leading communications experts, Cradlepoint, Inmarsat Government, JPS Interoperability Solutions and Rajant, have launched the new Rapid Deployment Kit (RDK-3). The kit is an all-in-one, portable communication solution designed to provide emergency and public safety teams with reliable access and connectivity, in even the most dangerous and remote mission-critical situations.
Housed in a rugged carrying case, the RDK-3 contains four Sonim XP8 Android smartphones, a Cradlepoint wireless router, a 15.6 Ah battery and a Bluetooth enabled battery monitoring system to maintain power in emergency situations. Cellular, GPS and Wi-Fi antenna create a 300-foot "connectivity bubble," establishing reliable communications wherever the RDK is deployed.
Wildfires, hurricanes and other natural disasters pose communication challenges for first responders ranging from limited or no access to a network to lack of expertise required to set up network connectivity. The RDK-3 can be transported easily to remote locations and deployed quickly by first responders without the need for extensive training or IT experience.
Key Features of the RDK:
- Compatibility with leading Push-to-Talk (PTT) applications
- Mobile operator agnostic
- Supports public safety networks, including FirstNet
- FirstNet Ready® Cradlepoint wireless router provides a Wireless Wide-Area Network (WAN) that can intelligently route traffic across LTE (two SIMs) or satellite links, and Wi-Fi connectivity for XP8 handsets, PCs, tablets and other equipment
- Optional intelligent failover to reliable satellite capability via Inmarsat Broadband Global Area Network (BGAN) enables communication when no other coverage is available.
- Bridge PTT and LMR communications with the optional JPS Interoperability Solutions RSP-Z2 Gateway, which provides a direct connection for up to 2 land mobile donor radios, to manage and control LMR communications from XP8 handsets
- Extend coverage and range with optional Rajant Kinetic Mesh® BreadCrumbs®
The Sonim RDK-3 has been deployed in hospitals, power plants, and with state and federal agencies throughout the U.S. It is ultra-rugged and human-portable, with wheels for easy handling and transport. It includes a battery monitoring system, external power options and PoE LAN ports for external devices.