With networks pressured more than ever by simultaneous work and school-from-home, surging on-demand video streaming, and latency sensitive real-time gaming, newly opened 6 GHz spectrum is the solution to meet the moment. Ready with solutions to help manufacturers leverage this new technology, Qualcomm has announced four new Qualcomm Networking Pro Series Platforms supporting Wi-Fi 6E, extending its signature Wi-Fi 6 feature set into the 6 GHz band designed to deliver multi-gigabit speeds, high bandwidth and a surge in low latency network capacity.
The latest platforms introduce include Qualcomm's Tri-Band Wi-Fi 6, offering simultaneous operation in 2.4, 5, and 6 GHz frequency bands. Setting a new industry benchmark for scalability and performance, the Qualcomm Networking Pro Series Platforms are the first to offer support for up to 2,000 simultaneous users while designed to deliver full network capacity in an unprecedented 16-stream Wi-Fi 6E configuration. Choosing from four scalable Wi-Fi 6E offerings, manufacturers can develop products with applications ranging from home Wi-Fi mesh systems to enterprise access points targeting business, large-venue, and campus networks.
Qualcomm has leveraged decades of focused R&D to develop their second-generation Wi-Fi 6 platforms that set a new performance benchmark for home and enterprise networking applications. With Tri-Band Wi-Fi 6 and scaling to 16 streams, Qualcomm Networking Pro Series Platforms pair wireless expertise with robust architecture designed to deliver Gigabit speeds, massive capacity, and stable-as-wire reliability the customers depend on.
The new 6 GHz band and Wi-Fi 6E standard ushers in a new age in wireless connectivity - a dramatic advance in performance and a new paradigm in wireless networking. This new technology will transform every use case segment, from home to the enterprise, industrial applications, and even fixed wireless access.
Qualcomm's Tri-Band Wi-Fi 6 portfolio expands the capabilities of the Qualcomm Networking Pro Series portfolio, whose hallmark is the delivery of consistent high performance in the most densely congested environments:
- Qualcomm Max User Architecture: Industry-first architecture to manage and maintain connectivity for up to 2,000 clients simultaneously, with network stability and sustained throughput.
- Qualcomm Multi-User Traffic Management: Provides advanced scheduling algorithms and buffering with universal uplink data support. Advanced multi-user implementations specialized for high user counts include up to 37-user OFDMA support per channel and 8-user MU-MIMO support per channel.
- Qualcomm 4K QAM technology: Designed to deliver 20% higher throughput compared to standard Wi-Fi 6E, helping achieve device-to-device transfers of up to 2.4 Gbps per link to compatible mobile and compute devices.
- Qualcomm Tri-Band Wi-Fi 6 for Mesh Networks: Qualcomm Wi-Fi SON has been enhanced to interconnect the Mesh Nodes using the 6 GHz band.
- Qualcomm Wi-Fi Security Suite: Comprehensive WPA3 implementation coupled with state-of-the-art embedded crypto accelerators designed to provide secure transactions across a full range of Wi-Fi data touchpoints.
Four New Qualcomm Networking Pro Series Platforms
The second-generation Qualcomm Networking Pro Series spans four, tiered platforms designed to provide OEMs with maximum flexibility through a unified platform architecture. Each platform leverages Qualcomm Technologies’ comprehensive Wi-Fi 6 and 6E feature implementation. The four platforms include:
- Qualcomm Networking Pro 1610: Supports up to 16 streams of Wi-Fi 6/E connectivity, a 2.2 GHz Quad-core A53 processor, 8x8 support for huge multi-user gain, and 10.8 Gbps peak speed.
- Qualcomm Networking Pro 1210: Supports up to 12 streams of Wi-Fi 6/E connectivity, a 2.2 GHz Quad-core A53 processor, and 8.4 Gbps peak speed.
- Qualcomm Networking Pro 810: Supports up to 8 streams of Wi-Fi 6/E connectivity, a 1.8 GHz Quad-core A53 processor, and 6.6 Gbps peak speed.
- Qualcomm Networking Pro 610: Supports up to 6 streams of Wi-Fi 6/E connectivity, a 1.8 GHz Quad-core A53 processor, and 5.4 Gbps peak speed.
Click here to read more about Wi-Fi 6 or 802.11ax.
Click here to read more about Wi-Fi 6E.