Dialog Semiconductor, a leading provider of power management, charging, AC/DC power conversion, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth low energy technology, and Adesto Technologies Corporation, a leading provider of innovative custom integrated circuits (ICs) and embedded systems for the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) market, announced they have signed a definitive agreement for Dialog to acquire all outstanding shares of Adesto. The transaction is valued at $500 Million.
Adesto brings to Dialog highly complementary products, world-class IP and comprehensive system expertise. The portfolios are a perfect match, especially as they look to provide even greater value for industrial customers who need reliable, efficient and secure solutions with embedded intelligence.
Bringing Dialog and Adesto together creates a complementary product portfolio for servicing a broad customer base in growth segments of the industrial market and enables cross-selling.
The combination of the companies will have many synergies:
- Will scale Dialog’s IIoT sector capabilities by combining industrial connectivity, smart metering and building automation solutions, and access to more than 5,000 customers, the majority of which are new for Dialog.
- Will Complement Adesto’s industrial wired connectivity portfolio with Dialog’s wireless portfolio (BLE, Wi-Fi) for smart building and industrial applications. Cloud-connectivity adds further differentiation to Dialog’s existing Industrial solutions.
- Enables full system solutions for wearables, hearables, and other IoT applications by combining Adesto’s low-power specialty memory products with Dialog’s BLE & Wi-Fi connectivity and True Wireless Stereo (TWS) Audio ICs.
- Unlocks future growth in the automotive market by qualifying Adesto’s specialty memory products by leveraging Dialog’s established automotive production and test flow. Additionally, these products address the emerging, fast-growing Artificial Intelligence (AI) segment.
- Adds engineering and design scale to expand Dialog’s existing custom IC business making Dialog one of the largest custom analog mixed-signal semiconductor providers.
Customers should continue to engage with Dialog and Adesto through their current channels.