Evolving battlefield philosophies require linking resources and information from different domains and platforms, with satellite networks playing a crucial role in this connectivity. The Strategy Analytics Advanced Defense Systems (ADS) report Global Military Satellite Terminal Market and Technology Forecast: 2018 - 2028 forecasts that the need for terrestrial terminals to incorporate more reconfigurability, capacity, and capabilities will propel satellite terminal revenue past $6 billion in 2028.
According to the report, GaN device performance will enable improved RF capabilities in the terminals, pushing GaN revenue to a CAGR (Compound Annual Growth Rate) exceeding 20 percent over the forecast period from 2018 to 2028.
Some Key Findings of the Report:
- VSAT systems are incorporating software-defined architectures to increase capabilities.
- Systems are also going higher in frequency and working with broader bandwidths to address the need for more data capacity and capabilities.
- VSAT radios and systems are also being called upon to provide more connectivity between platforms and domains.
- Land-based VSAT systems will represent a dominant opportunity in terms of both expenditures and shipments.
- North America will continue to provide the largest regional market opportunity for the VSAT and component suppliers.
Click here for more information on the report.