Rosenberger has introduced the WSMP® Coaxial Connectors and Cable Assemblies that can be used for applications up to 100 GHz. The WSMP® standard represents high-speed or new generation connectors that are approximately 45% smaller than standard SMP connectors and are certified according to DIN EN 9100 - Qualified for Aerospace Application. Featuring a push-on coupling mechanism and enabling a minimum board-to-board distance of 3.05 mm, they are optimized for customer-specific footprints and layout recommendations.
Salient features of the new WSMP connectors include:
- Extremely high packing densities and minimum board-to-board distances of 3.05 mm
- Radial and axial misalignments can be compensated by using bullets
- Push/Snap-on locking for fast and easy disconnection
- Custom footprints for optimized RF performance on PCB
Key Specifications of WSMP Connectors and Cable Assemblies
- Impedance: 50 Ohms
- Interface according to Rosenberger WSMP®
- Frequency range DC up to 65 GHz
- Return loss: ≥ 26 dB @ DC to 26.5 GHz, ≥ 19 dB @ 26.5 to 65 GHz
- Frequency range: DC up to 100 GHz
- Return loss:≥ 18 dB @ DC to 40 GHz, ≥ 15 dB @ 40 to 70 GHz, ≥ 12 dB @ 70 to 100 GHz
- Mating cycles: Full detent ≥ 100, Smooth bore ≥ 500
- Minimum board-to-board distance: 3.05 mm
- Axial misalignment: ± 0.13 mm
- Radial misalignment: ± 0.25 mm
- Push/Snap-on locking mechanism
- Different detent types at bullet: Smooth bore and full detent
The product range has been revised and contains cable connectors, PCB connectors, adaptors (bullets), multipin connectors or cable assemblies.
Click here for more details on the WSMP® Coaxial Connectors and Cable Assemblies.