Skywork has introduced an integrated RF front-end module (FEM) that is specifically designed for Wi-SUN and other proprietary technologies operating in unlicensed bands. Wi-SUN is a wireless technology that has been developed to provide connectivity between smart-grid devices. Using the SKY66122-11 FEM enables standalone SoCs to provide two times the range greater power delivery to an antenna, and low power consumption for optimal battery operation. This new solution is uniquely designed for IoT applications including endpoints and access points for smart grid and smart metering, smart city, industrial IoT sensors, surveillance, and other applications.
Key features of the SKY66122-11 FEM:
- The SKY66122-11 from Skyworks is a 2.4 GHz multimode front-end module (FEM) with an integrated antenna designed for ZigBee, Thread, and Bluetooth Smart applications.
- It has an integrated power amplifier with an output power of up to 21 dBm, a low noise amplifier with a noise figure of 2 dB, and a bypass path.
- The module has a single-ended transmit/receive interface with a switching time of less than 800 ns.
- It has an integrated inter-stage matching and a harmonic filter, with digital controls compatible with CMOS.
- The module requires a supply voltage of 1.2 to 3.6 V and a sleep mode current of less than 1 micro Amp.
- It is available in a 22-pin 3.5 x 3 x 0.965 mm package and is ideal for in-home applications, smart thermostats, and sensors.
Click here to learn more about SKY66122-11.
Click here to learn more about Wi-SUN.