pSemi, a Murata company focused on semiconductor integration, has introduced a DOCSIS 3.1 compliant switch that meets increased demands for faster download speeds, higher bandwidth, and data throughput required for today's home internet connections. The UltraCMOS PE42726 is a single-pole, double-throw (SPDT) radio frequency switch designed for use in cable broadband applications including DOCSIS 3.1 cable modems, set-top boxes, and residential gateways. PE42726 delivers high linearity, excellent low-frequency harmonics performance, and high surge immunity in the 5–1794 MHz band.
"As remote work has become mainstream, global cable operators are deploying higher data rates to meet increased usage and bandwidth demands over existing cable connections. pSemi offers a family of RF solutions for cable broadband, including patented linearity technology enhancements to maximize data rates," says Vikas Choudhary, vice president of sales and marketing at pSemi Corporation. "PE42726 is the industry's highest linearity, lowest spurious noise RF switch delivering best-in-class harmonics for industry-standard DOCSIS 3.1 and beyond."
Key features of the PE42726 switch:
- The PE42726 delivers best-in-class linearity across 5–1794 MHz with an exceptional second and third harmonic performance of -121 dBc and -150 dBc, respectively, at the fundamental frequency of 17 MHz.
- These levels ensure the upstream transmit (Tx) signal keeps the downstream receive (Rx) frequency range free of any unwanted self-interference across the shared coax cable.
- This switch features a low insertion loss of 0.3 dB at 1218 MHz and high isolation performance of 39 dB at 204 MHz to keep Tx signal loss very low and to help with the overall isolation of two independent diplexer filter paths.
- The PE42726 can support the performance requirements of DOCSIS 4.0.
- The PE42726 is manufactured on pSemi's patented UltraCMOS process and offered in a 12-lead, 3 × 3 mm QFN package.
Click here to learn more about PE42726.
Click here to learn more about DOCSIS 3.1 standards.
pSemi has a virtual booth at IMS 2021 this week. Visit the online event to learn more about this product.
Click here to see everything RF's coverage of IMS 2021.