Empower RF Systems is will be conducting live demonstrations of their compacy, broadband, high power amplifiers at IMS 2015 in Phoenix, Arizona. They will be showcasing the 1 GHz to 3 GHz, 1 kW HPA in a 5U chassis (17.5” x 8.75” x 22”). This product includes an integrated (internal) dual directional coupler and instrument grade power metering. This platform is the latest addition to the growing product family of next generation power amplifiers from Empower.
In addition to its compact size / weight / power performance, the demonstration team will be exercising system software that enables user selection of specific operational modes and waveform power settings:
- Automatic Gain Control (AGC) with Peak Power detection
- Automatic Gain Control (AGC) with RMS Power detection
- Automatic Level Control (ALC) with Peak Power detection
- Automatic Level Control (ALC) with RMS Power detection
- Manual Gain Control (MGC)
- CW, AM, Constant Envelope, Gated Pulse, Modulated Pulse, Digital, Multi-carrier
This array of operational and power detection modes provide maximum flexibility for the end user in the deployment of these power amplifiers. These amplifiers can be controlled via a wireless connection and this feature will be demonstrated at the show. You can stop by booth #3226 to view this demonstration and ask the Empower RF team any questions that you might have.