RFHIC, a pioneer within the GaN RF & microwave industry has launched an S-Band High Power Transmitter system based on GaN-on-SiC technology. The RRT273115K-690 is a Dual 15kW Pulsed Transmitter combined with 8 HPAs transmitters that operate from 2700 - 3100 MHz. This GaN-based Solid State Transmitter system replaces industrial magnetrons or other vacuum-type tubes currently used in high-power applications.
The forced air-cooling in each module is used for user convenience and easy and quick maintenance. The redundant architecture was applied to PSUs, preventing single-point failures. HPAs in the transmitter sub-system are also parallelized for secure operation in the event of an HPA fault condition.
Key Product Features:
- Dual 15kW Pulsed Transmitter combined with 8 HPAs Transmitter
- Frequency from 2.7GHz to 3.1GHz
- Using High-Efficiency GaN Transistor
- BIT & Control by RS-422, LVDS
- WR-284 Waveguide Output
- Forced Air Cooling
- Optional Hot Pluggable PSU
The Transmitter has been developed for use in a wide range of radar applications including Airport Surveillance Radars, Defense Radars, and Weather Radars. It can also be used for Industrial and Scientific, Instrumentation Applications.
Advantages of GaN Technology
RFHIC's GaN on SiC broadband solutions offers outstanding design and average output power. Due to GaN on SiC's superior thermal characteristics, devices can have much high power with a smaller form factor while delivering the same performance.
- Higher Frequency: Capable of operating at higher frequencies (sub-6GHz, UHF, VHF)
- Wider Bandwith: Providing faster speeds
- Higher Efficiency: Enabling more energy-efficient and compact systems
- Superior Power: GaN on SiC provides excellent thermal characteristics allowing the power per device to be much higher
Click here to learn more about the RRT273115K-690 Transmitter from RFHIC.