Viptela has introduced the vEdge-100, a compact new router that natively supports any transport method including 3G/4G/LTE and wireless LANs. This device delivers the same business benefits as their other routers with 50 percent lower WAN costs, 10x more bandwidth, 5x higher cloud performance and is fully integrated with the Viptela Secure Extensible Network (SEN) platform. Like all devices from Viptela, it supports their zero-touch, cloud managed deployment.
The router provides the same secure data connectivity over any transport technology as the vEdge-1000 and 2000 router models, while adding integrated support for 3G/4G/LTE connections and Wireless LANs.This device is designed for a wider range of deployment scenarios, including small/home offices with wireless LANs, remote sites that rely on mobile/ cellular connections and retail/ATM branches that want to use wireless as a backup circuit. It enables enterprises to “mix and match” private and public IP connections such as MPLS, broadband and Ethernet and automatically determines the best WAN transport path for specific traffic based on policies and service levels.
Key Features Include:
- Natively supports cellular connections to reduce the operational complexity of deploying and monitoring 3G/4G/LTE in the last-mile by eliminating the need for 3rd party dongles or external modems
- Deploys without the need for any onsite configuration and is centrally managed via the cloud
- Is fully integrated with the Viptela SEN platform, establishes secure DTLS sessions with the vSmart controller and IPsec sessions with other vEdge routers
- Performs full IP router functions including OSPF, BGP, QoS, ACL
- Is transport agnostic and supports any combination of MPLS, wireless 3G/4G/LTE, broadband, Ethernet, SSL over Internet, IPsec connections