Empower RF has announced the production release of the Model 2215 high power SSPA for EMC, RF Product Test, Communications, and Electronic Warfare applications. The 2215’s inherent rugged design is based on Empower’s COTS family of NEXT GEN patented architecture that virtually eliminates every internal connector found in the typical RF/Microwave system amplifier. With Power supply options that include 28V DC, 400Hz AC, and single-phase AC, the unit is equally suited for land mobile vehicle, airborne, and shipboard deployments.
Designed for optimized performance over a multitude of applications, the 2215 is a Multi-Mode power amplifier with built in modes for a variety of input modulations and application scenarios that include Frequency Hopping, QAM-xx, OFDM, Multi-carrier, Pulse, AM,FM, Barrage, and Broadband Noise. For each operating mode the output power and efficiency is maximized and the protection is optimized. Empower’s flexible and programmable input and output detection scheme makes Multi-Mode operation possible and has the added advantage of future-proofing the amplifier to changes in the ever increasing complex waveform environment.
Protections and Remote Monitoring
- Excessive VSWR with user selectable fold-back or Shutdown on fault – Electronic VSWR Protection
- Duty cycle and pulse width protection exceeding your pre-set value
- Power supply faults including input line voltage faults
- Output power limit
- Input overdrive
- Cooling and Electronic thermal management and fan performance
- RF section component failure - will back down power to a safe operating level with “Graceful Output Power Degradation“
Ease of System Integration
- User selectable output power management modes - AGC (Automatic Gain Control), ALC (Automatic Level Control) and MGC (Manual Gain Control)
- Selectable RF power detectors optimized to your waveform
- Optional Filter/Switches for improved harmonic rejection can be specified
- Compact, lightweight and portable for easier maneuverability in lab environments or tactical deployments
- Modern and multi-faceted Monitoring and Control user interfaces, including a Web browser, TCP/IP Ethernet, factory configurable serial RS-422 or RS232 interface and a front panel touchscreen display.
User interface capabilities of this amplifier are standard with all Empower next generation designs and allow the user to initiate remote management and diagnostics via an embedded web server or M2M interface, enabling network managed site status and control simply by connecting the unit's Ethernet port to a LAN. Using a web browser and the unit's IP address (IPV4) allows ease of access with the benefit of multilevel security. For more information, click here.