Amid concerns about Coronavirus, Organizers of the SATELLITE Trade Show & Conference, have announced that the SATELLITE 2020 event will be taking place as planned from March 9 – March 12, 2020. The event will once again look to foster an environment that encourages business discussions among many sectors and continue progression of innovation in the satellite and space industries.
There has been some concern about COVID-19 (coronavirus) which has resulted in a number of tradeshows and conferences being canceled in February, 2020 (Including MWC 2020). However, the organizer of the Satellite 2020 Show Stated that majority of SATELLITE’s exhibitors and attendees are based in the U.S. and there are currently no travel restrictions within the U.S., or to and from most international destinations. The organizers don’t expect that to change prior to the show dates. International travelers should plan for added time at U.S. airports for additional screening, but domestic travelers can expect safe and convenient travel.
The travel restrictions have caused only a select few of the international audience to cancel their plans to attend. This will not have a material impact on the trade show.
While the SATELLITE Group is committed to stage SATELLITE 2020 as planned, it is also dedicated to the health and safety of all participants. The organizing team is thus working closely with Destination DC, the convention and visitors’ bureau; the convention center and all member hotels to ensure increased disinfection efforts, hand sanitizer stations and safety precautions. D.C. is currently one of the world’s top convention destinations and home to many diverse, political groups, so the safety of their visitors is a high priority. The organizers are monitoring this situation closely and will be ready to respond accordingly should anything change.
On-Site Preventive Measures Being Taken by the Organizing Team to Prevent Spread Of COVID-19 (coronavirus):
- Increased cleaning and disinfection across all high-volume touch points, e.g. catering areas, surfaces, handrails, restrooms, entrances/exits, public touch-screens, etc. along with the use of correct cleaning/sanitizing materials and products.
- Increased hand sanitizer stations throughout the convention center.
- Face masks will be made available for those wishing to use them. As supplies may be limited and provided on a first come first served basis, it is also recommended to bring your own onsite.
- Microphone windscreens will be replaced between each speaker, and battery packs wiped down.
- Awareness and training to all staff on standard personal preventative measures, e.g. personal hygiene, frequency of use of sanitizing/disinfection products, etc.
- Advice to exhibitors on implementing effective cleaning and disinfection of stands, offices along with guidance on personal hygiene measures and common preventive behavior.
The organizers will be taking added measures at SATELLITE 2020 to stop any spread of illness, but also recommend everyone to follow the CDC’s recommendations in their daily life to also stop the spread of illness:
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when coughing or sneezing.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
SATELLITE 2020’s pre-show stats are very strong with nearly 12,000 registrants to date (that’s 9% higher than 2019 at this time). The exhibit floor will be packed with 325+ exhibitors and preliminary calls to attendees have shown that 95% still plan to attend the event.
Click here to see the official statement from Satellite 2020 about Coronavirus.