Windfreak Technologies has announced the availability of the new SynthHD Mini RF Signal Generator. The SynthHD Mini is the smallest 10 MHz to 15 GHz RF Signal Generator in the world measuring just 1.60 x 1.60 x 0.48 inches (4.06 x 4.06 x 1.22 cm). It provides excellent performance despite the ultra-small size and price of this device. The generator allows tuning to any frequency between 10 MHz and 15 GHz in 0.01 Hz resolution and supports FM, AM, Pulse, Sweep, and List Modulations. The output amplitude can be adjusted in 0.01 dB steps up to +20 dBm and across a range of more than 30 dB.
This software tunable RF signal generator and frequency sweeper controlled and powered by a device running Windows, Linux or Android via its USB port. The SynthHD Mini also has nonvolatile on-board flash memory so it can be programmed to fire up by itself on any frequency, power, sweep or modulation setting (and combinations thereof) to run without a PC in the field. This makes for a highly mobile, low power and light weight solution for RF signal generation.
Specifications of the SynthHD Mini generator are:
- 10 MHz to 15 GHz in 0.01 Hz steps
- -13 dBm to +20 dBm (typical) in 0.01 dB steps
- Select internal 27 MHz reference or use external 10-100 MHz reference
- Pulse, AM, and FM internal modulation including FMCW radar chirp
- Pulse Modulation with 1 μS minimum width and 1 μS resolution
- Pulse, AM, and FM external modulation from DC – 10 kHz
- Powerful Trigger modes allow external triggering of most functions without a PC connected
- Linear, %, and list mode (frequency and amplitude hopping) sweeps
- Save all settings to the device for use without a PC
- 32 bit ARM processor onboard which is Arduino compatible
- LabVIEW GUI executable and source code (pictured below) included with purchase
- Windows, Linux, and Android compatibility
- Designed and manufactured in the USA with maximized value and cost ratio
The SynthHD Mini RF Signal Generator is suitable for use in applications such as Wireless communications systems, RF and Microwave radios, Software Defined Radio (SDR), Radar, Automated Test Equipment (ATE), EMC - radiated immunity pre-compliance testing, Electronic Warfare (EW), Law Enforcement, Quantum computing and device research, Plasma physics and Medical research and treatment.
Click here to know more about the SynthHD Mini RF signal generator.