At IMS 2021, MilliBox has unveiled the GIM04, next-generation 3-Axis mmWave and THz antenna positioner. The GIM04 is MilliBox’s latest generation of mmWave and THz positioners. It can control 3 axes of rotation in Elevation, Azimuth, and Polarization from a single USB controller. The construction allows GIM04 to adjust to various DUT form factors and adds a new level of versatility for daily over-the-air measurements.
Key features of the GIM04 Antenna Positioner:
- Polarization and control: GIM04 positioners support the new X-Pol platform system adding polarization as a 3rd axis to the device under test (DUT) control in addition to elevation and azimuth axes.
- Robust and accurate: All gears in GIM04 are made of precision machined DelrinTM material for higher strength, precision, and long life span. GIM04 base motor has 20W of power with a step resolution of 0.002°.
- Adjustable paltform depth: The DUT platform can be placed at 2 depth from rotation axis: This makes it easier to accommodate various DUT thickness and form factors.
- Modular size: GIM04 comes in 4 standard sizes all based on the same components. Upsizing and downsizing are possible as DUT requirements evolve.
- Cable routing: To bring power, control, or RF to the DUT efficiently, GIM04 provides pass-thru channels at the center of each rotation axis and numerous anchor points along the path. This way, no connectors or slip rings are needed from the source to DUT.
- Open framework: As with all our other positioners, GIM04 is controlled by Python-based software provide in a source that allows easy integration with any instrument or DUT with several built-in capture modes in multiple dimensions.
The GIM04 is available in the following configurations
MilliBox will be demonstrating the GIM04 at IMS 2021 in Booth 1528 starting 8 June.
Click here to see everything RF's IMS 2021 coverage.