Radio Frequency Systems (RFS), a global designer and manufacturer of total-package solutions for wireless and broadcast infrastructure, announced the availability of a complete portfolio of passive distributed antenna system (DAS) solution elements that support frequencies up to 6 GHz. Together, the RFS DAS solution elements allow network operators to deploy a single, end-to-end solution that supports all commercial and mission-critical wireless services from 555 MHz to 6 GHz to bring 5G into buildings and tunnels efficiently and cost-effectively.
RFS’ end-to-end DAS portfolio includes the company’s world-renowned CELLFLEX coax cables, RADIAFLEX radiating cables and plenum-rated cables, as well as broadband and ultra-broadband antennas, and high-performance components. All solution elements are designed and proven to work seamlessly together to simplify and accelerate deployments in buildings and tunnels.
Key features of RFS passive DAS portfolio:
- RFS DragonSkin, the first and only in-building coaxial cable to receive UL 2196 certification with no metal conduit, extensive wrapping, or fire-resistant enclosure. The half-inch DragonSkin cable is thinner, safer, more flexible, and lighter weight than any other in-building coax cable with this level of fire resistance.
- RFS RADIAFLEX radiating cables and CELLFLEX coaxial cables that meet all major international flame- and fire-retardancy standards, and achieved the top Construction Products Regulation (CPR) rating of B2ca with a d0 droplets rating.
- The world’s first pair of ultra-broadband radiating cables for cross-polarized 2x2, 4x4, and higher MIMO applications. These cables set a new world record for download speeds in tunnels with a 4x4 MIMO solution for the Follo Line high-speed railway project that reached 560 Mbps.
- RFS ClearFillLine plenum-rated cables that meet the requirements for safe use within the “environmental air-handling space” in ceilings as well as in more traditional plenum applications.
- Compact and lightweight omnidirectional, panel, directional and bidirectional in-building antennas that discreetly deliver all cellular, radio, and Wi-Fi services, and support 4x4 MIMO applications.
- A complete family of passive system components that provide optimal PIM performance to reduce interference and support the highest possible throughput levels end-to-end.
“We recognize that our customers are looking to take advantage of the newly available spectrum such as CBRS in the 3.5 GHz band and LTE LAA in the unlicensed 5 GHz band, as well as cutting-edge technologies such as MIMO, in their indoor deployments,” says Tom Kuklo, RFS Global Product Manager for In-Building Solutions. “To meet this need, we designed our end-to-end passive DAS portfolio to support any spectrum, any technologies, and any services. Network operators can flexibly mix and match solution elements as required to support 5G services anywhere in the world while protecting their investments with future-ready infrastructure deployments.”
RFS is continually updating its passive DAS portfolio to meet requirements globally. The company expects to offer passive DAS components that enable high-quality and cost-effective operation in all frequency bands from 617 MHz to 4.2 GHz soon.
Click here to view Antennas from RFS on everything RF.