SV Microwave has introduced a way to seamlessly transition from Ø.086" cable types to Ø.047" cable types through a direct solder connection. The ConvergeRF solution was developed by SV in response to an industry need for increased routing capabilities in systems where space is tight and low insertions loss is critical. Before ConvergeRF, designers chose between cable types that were small and flexible or large and low loss. Two discreet cable assemblies were often utilized, which introduced more interfaces, more handling, and degradation of performance into the overall design.
RF signal paths are going higher in frequency and tighter in density. This forces designers to choose between cables that are small and flexible or large and low loss. One compromise is to utilize two discreet cable assemblies, which presents its challenges as it introduces more interfaces, more handling, and degradation of performance into the overall design. This is where the innovative ConvergeRF solution can be used to transition from Ø.086” to Ø.047” cable types using a direct solder connection. Figure 2 below, demonstrates ConvergeRF’s ability to provide flexibility and routing capabilities in a Mini-D RF connection system.
Key features of ConvergeRF cable assemblies:
- Incorporate a high-density bundle of cable assemblies while maintaining the low loss.
- SV’s proprietary splice reduces mating interfaces by removing RF connectors.
- Reduces components by using one cable assembly.
- Customized lengths to allow for any situation.
- Maximize insertion loss budget in complex applications.
- VITA 67.3 and HD VITA 67.3 Plug-In Modules where cables need a tight routing inside the chassis.
- Crowded coaxial D38999 contacts and cable assemblies.
- Mini-D RF Connection System.
- Any situation where routing is tight and low insertion loss is critical.
Click here to learn more about ConvergeRF cable assemblies.