Quectel, a global supplier of cellular IoT modules and antennas announced a multi-mode LPWA module that supports LTE Cat M1/Cat NB2/EGPRS which meets the 3GPP Release 14 specification and has integrated GNSS functionality. The BG95-M3 has pin-to-pin compatibility with Quectel LTE Cat 4 modules EG91/EG95, LTE Cat M1/Cat NB1/EGPRS module BG96, NB-IoT module BC95, UMTS/HSPA modules UG95/UG96 and GSM/GPRS module M95.
The BG95-M3 achieves maximum downlink rates of 588 Kbps and uplink rates of 1119 Kbps with LTE Cat M1. The module’s integrated RAM and flash memory enable ultra-low power consumption, and the ARM Cortex A7 processor (which supports ThreadX) enables up to 70% reduction in PSM leakage and 85% reduction in eDRX current consumption compared to its predecessor.
The BG95-M3’s highly integrated, cost-effective and compact SMT form factor of 23.6mm × 19.9mm × 2.2mm allows integrators and developers to benefit from its mechanical intensity and low power consumption and design their applications with ease, and its advanced LGA package enables fully automated manufacturing for high-volume applications. The module’s comprehensive array of hardware-based security features enables trusted applications to run directly on the Cortex A7 TrustZone engine.
A rich set of internet protocols, industry-standard interfaces and abundant functionalities (e.g. USB drivers for Windows 7/8/8.1/10, Linux, Android etc.) allow the module to serve a wide range of IoT applications such as wireless POS, smart metering, asset tracking, wearable devices and more.
Key Features of BG95-M3:
- Easy migration from Quectel GSM/GPRS, UMTS/HSPA and LTE modules
- ARM Cortex A7 processor (supports ThreadX)
- Integrated RAM and flash memory in the baseband chipset
- USB 2.0 interface
- A comprehensive array of hardware-based security features
- Supports DFOTA
- Supports VoLTE (Cat M1 only), CS voice for GSM, QuecOpen, and eSIM
- Fast time-to-market: Reference designs, evaluation tools and timely technical support minimize design and development efforts
- Robust mounting and interfaces
Click here to learn more about the BG95-M3.