NAI, a leading designer and manufacturer of custom interconnect solutions that deliver power and signals to monitor data, connect people and keep equipment operating, has launched a new line of Series-C Flexible RF Coaxial Cable Assemblies, as the company continues its development of new standard interconnect products under the Steady Link brand. This latest line of assemblies features flexible RF50 Low PIM corrugated assemblies with straight connectors.
The STEADY LINK Series-C Flexible RF50 Coax Assemblies have been designed to provide durable and reliable connections for transmitters, receivers, antennas, and other applications in antenna feeder systems on cell towers. These new assemblies feature low VSWR and strong shielding effectiveness to reduce energy loss and provide protection from outside interference. As such, the Series-C Flexible RF50 Coax Assemblies are well suited for connections in low loss and VSWR signal transmission at high-frequency applications.
NAI’s Series-C Flexible RF50 Coax Cable Assemblies represent a cutting-edge solution for harsh outdoor environments. Engineered to withstand extreme temperatures, their ruggedized design will tolerate other demanding conditions of continued outdoor exposure.
These assemblies are available in three cable sizes: ½”, 3/8”, and ¼” with custom lengths specified by the customer.
Key features of RF 50-Ohm Coaxial Cable:
- The flexible coax cable features a copper-plated aluminum conductor, a Foam Polyethylene dielectric, an outer shield of helically corrugated copper, and an outer black PE jacket.
- The nominal O.D. for the ½” assembly is .527”; .425” for the 3/8” assembly; and .291” for the ¼” assembly.
- The bend radius for all three cables is 25 mm single.
- Series-C Flexible Low PIM coax assemblies to feature 50-ohm impedance with a low return loss of 24.94 dB (sweep tested at 690 MHz) to 13.97 dB (sweep tested at 2700 MHz).
- Operating and storage temperatures are -55°C to ~+80°C.
Customers can choose to have the following assemblies terminated with connector types as indicated below:
The connector bodies are brass with Tri-metal or Silver plating and have a PTFE dielectric. Silicone rubber is used to seal the connector, exterior plastics are zero halogens per IEC 60754-1 / -2. All connectors are RoHS compliant.
NAI’s Steady Link SERIES-C Flexible RF50 Coax Cable Assemblies are made to order from inventoried materials, with quick shipment options available. NAI has also launched a new online Coax Configurator to easily design a customized coax assembly and submit the design for fast quoting.
Click here to learn more about these coax cable assemblies.