Ranatec, a part of the Qamcom group and supplier of specialized test and measurement equipment for RF and microwave applications, announced its latest innovation, the RI 198 Forensic Box designed for law enforcement, IT forensics and crime investigators.
The RI 198 enables users to analyze signal jammers or protect wireless devices that have been collected at a crime scene. The box is portable, easy to use and features a flexible lid that remains open at any angle and closed without any additional locking device.
Key features of the RI 198 include:
- Good shielding, 60 dB at 1 GHz and 50 dB at 3 GHz.
- Easy-to-use, no latches, lid stays open at any position
- Light weight, 8.3 kg
- Ventilation panels, fan if requested
- RF-gloves and RF-window
- USB- LAN- SMA- and AC-interface.
Magnus Kilian, CEO of Ranatec, stated that with the RI 198, Ranatec once again hits the mark on delivering benchmark RF shielding technology. This RF shielding technology is based on sought after telecom products they have delivered over past 10 years. RF shield boxes based on this unique technology are in use (in the hundreds) at some of the leading telecom companies in the world.
The RI 198 is designed for high shielding over all cellular mobile frequency bands making it suitable for applications such as:
- Protect wireless devices to be hacked
- Store wireless devices (evidence) collected at crime scenes
- Analyse signal jammers
|Attenuation at 3 GHz||50dB|
|Inner dimensions||390x290x250 mm|
|Outer dimensions||460x460x265 mm|
|Weight (standard)||9.3 Kg|
Standard configuration includes:
- 1 pc Dual USB 2.0 480 Mbps Feedthru Filter
- 1 pc LAN 1 Gbps Feedthru Filter
- 1 pc 110/230 VAC Feedthru Filter
- 6 pcs SMA(f)/SMA(f) Bulkhead Connector
- 2 pcs DC Feedthru EMI Filter
- 1 pc f-type 75 Ohm Connector
Ranatec is ISO9001:2015 certified and offers specialist services within eight defined domains to a global customer base including the world’s leading electronics manufacturers.
Click here for more details on the RI 198 forensic box.