Epiq Solutions has launched a multi-channel RF transceiver card that brings a new level of RF integration and capability, speeding product development cycles and improving wideband range versatility and performance. The Sidekiq X4 integrates two Analog Devices’ ADRV9009 wideband transceivers, creating a very flexible and high capacity RF transceiver solution that resides in VITA 57.1 FPGA Mezzanine Card (FMC) form factor. It is ideal for applications like remote SATCOM, spectrum monitoring, direction finding, 5G cellular systems, and 802.11 ac/ax systems.
Key features of Sidekiq X4:
- It is a multi-channel RF transceiver card that operates from 1 MHz to 6 GHz with an instantaneous bandwidth of 800 MHz
- The transceiver is compliant with the VITA 57.1 FPGA Mezzanine Card (FMC) form factor, the de facto standard for integration into FPGA-based systems, with a high pin count (HPC) interface
- It has two Analog Devices ADRV9009 wideband transceivers, providing 4 receivers and 4 transmitters
- The receivers can be configured as phase-coherent, two phase-coherent pairs or dual independently tunable receivers with 400 MHz per channel
- The transmitters can all be phase coherent or split into two phase-coherent pairs. Each channel's bandwidth is configurable up to 200 MHz
- It is ideal for applications like remote Satcom, spectrum monitoring, direction finding, 5G cellular systems, and 802.11 ac/ax systems
The Sidekiq X4 Platform Development Kit (PDK) provides customers with a complete development environment to allow them to develop and integrate their software applications and FPGA processing blocks on top of the standard Sidekiq X4 reference design and software API.
Development and field deployments are supported through a reference platform utilizing a COTS PCIe FPGA carrier card and a GPS disciplined oscillator card integrated into a Thunderbolt 3 chassis. For ruggedized deployments, Sidekiq X4 can be integrated into COTS 3U or 6U VPX carrier cards. Both conduction and convection cooled options are supported.
Click here to learn more about Sidekiq X4.
Click here to learn more about ADRV9009.