Microwave Vision Group has developed a set of new multi-axis medium-duty positioners with virtual EL axis. These positioners enable rotation of a device under test around its phase center by means of a unique virtual elevation axis. This virtual axis ensures that the mechanical support system remains behind the DUT as it is measured. Simultaneously, a 360° rotation in azimuth is performed, with the combined movements resulting in a fast and accurate measurement of the radiation pattern, antenna efficiency, and polarization without interference from the positioning structure.
These positioners are essential elements of antenna testing equipment that are necessary in the process of ensuring the reliability of antennas before they are integrated into any autonomous device. Positioners, like other equipment in the test chamber, can be sources of error in test results. For the most accurate measurements, such as for direction-finding antennas, it is therefore crucial to keep the positioner structure out of the measurement periphery.
Key features of these positioners:
- Virtual elevation axis
- No interference from structure on DUT measurement results
- Optimum performance relative to size
- Vertical load up to 88 lbs (40 Kg)
- AUT mounting interface diameter - 544 mm
- Angular positioning accuracy
- Low backlash design
- Closed loop servo control
- Precision bearings
- Industry-standard wiring
- Tachometer for optimum speed regulation & control
- Wide operating temperature range:32° F to 104° F (0° C to 40° C)
- Fully enclosed design of drive gear train & data take-off
- Wide variety of available options
These new virtual EL/AZ/roll positioners have been specifically designed for testing direction-finding or radar antennas. Increasingly implemented in autonomous vehicles for collision avoidance while triggering automatic features in conjunction, these antennas can also be successfully deployed on mobile equipment such as forklifts, mining vehicles, or port machinery.
- Automated radar application subsystems
- Far-field & near-field antenna measurements
- Radome testing
- OTA testing
- Indoor use
Click here to learn more about these positioners.
Click here to view antenna positioners from the leading manufacturers on everything RF.