BeRex, a company that designs, develops and supports innovative RF and microwave semiconductors in bare die and surface mount packages for current and next-generation wireless communication equipment, has released four new amplifier products: BVA1761, BVA1762, BVA2761 and BVA2762.
These Digital Variable Gain Amplifiers (DVGAs) are designed for glitch-safe attenuation state transitions, highly accurate 7-bit digitally-controlled attenuation over a 31.75 dB range, with 0.25 dB steps, while maintaining high linearity. The DVGAs operate at maximum frequencies of either 6 GHz, or 8 GHz. The DVGAs are powered by 5 V, 4 V and 3.3 V supplies, which reduce their overall power consumption, and are packaged in the space-saving 4 mm x 4 mm x 0.9 mm, 24-Lead QFN and 5 mm x 5 mm x 0.9 mm, 32-Lead QFN.
Designed with outstanding RF characteristics, the DVGAs are primarily intended for 5G/4G/3G wireless infrastructure equipment, satellite radio, and other high-end wireless applications. The BVA1761, BVA1762, BVA2761 and BVA2762 offer the flexibility to program their gain-control through serial mode only and 2-3 bit addressable function interfaces to minimize control lines that support very fast switching speeds.
Key Features of the DVGA's
- Power requirements
- BVA1761= 5.0 V, 83 mA / 3.3 V, 48 mA
- BVA1762= 5.0 V, 110 mA / 4.0 V, 55 mA
- BVA2761= 5.0 V, 166 mA / 3.3 V, 96 mA
- BVA2762= 5.0 V, 215 mA / 4.0 V, 110 mA
- Frequency bands
- BVA1761= 50 MHz to 6000 MHz
- BVA1762= 500 MHz to 8000 MHz
- BVA2761= 50 MHz to 6000 MHz
- BVA2762= 500 MHz to 8000 MHz
- Gain / Attenuation
- BVA1761 = 17.0 dB @ 3.5 GHz / 0.25 dB Steps up to 31.75 dB
- BVA1762 = 19.7 dB @ 3.5 GHz / 0.25 dB Steps up to 31.75 dB
- BVA2761 = 34.8 dB @ 3.5 GHz / 0.25 dB Steps up to 31.75 dB
- BVA2762 = 40.5 dB @ 3.5 GHz / 0.25 dB Steps up to 31.75 dB
- High P1dB (Output power at 1dB compression) / OIP3 (Output third order intercept point)
- BVA1761 = 20.0 dBm / 37.5 dBm @ 3.5 GHz
- BVA1762 = 20.7 dBm / 34.9 dBm @ 3.5 GHz
- BVA2761 = 20.7 dBm / 36.6 dBm @ 3.5 GHz
- BVA2762 = 21.2 dBm / 35.6 dBm @ 3.5 GHz
- Gain accuracy
- BVA1761= ± (0.25 + 5.0% of gain setting) @ 3.5 GHz
- BVA1762= ± (0.25 + 5.0% of gain setting) @ 3.5 GHz
- BVA2761= ± (0.25 + 5.0% of gain setting) @ 3.5 GHz
- BVA2762= ± (0.25 + 5.0% of gain setting) @ 3.5 GHz
- Programming modes
- Serial mode only
- 2-3 bit addressable function to minimize Control line
- Glitch-safe attenuation state transitions
- Power-UP states Settings
- Package size
- BVA1761/BVA1762= 4 mm x 4 mm x 0.9 mm, 24-Lead QFN
- BVA2761/BVA2762= 5 mm x 5 mm x 0.9 mm, 32-Lead QFN
Pricing and Availability
The BVA1761, BVA1762, BVA2761 and BVA2762 are currently available and are competitively priced. Samples are available on request.
Click here to learn more about these DVGA Amplifiers.
Click here to view other DVGA's from the leading manufacturers listed on everything RF.