COMSOL has introduced a new version of their simulation software. The COMSOL Multiphysics® version 6.0, is a vital tool for a wide range of computer simulations for R&D, modelling designs, devices, and processes in all disciplines of engineering, manufacturing, and scientific research has introduced the Model Manager, the Uncertainty Quantification Module, faster solvers for heat radiation and nonlinear structural materials, new powerful tools for electromagnetics analysis of PCBs, and flow-induced noise.
The Model Manager provides functionality allowing colleagues to collaborate and centrally organize models and apps, including access and version control as well as advanced search. The Uncertainty Quantification Module is used for understanding the impact of model uncertainty — how quantities of interest depend on variations in the inputs of a model.
To download this new version, go to the Product Download page and click the Download Version 6.0 button. With a COMSOL Access account and a licence number, downloading the newest version of the COMSOL® program is simple. Simply log in and follow the product download instructions on the screen.
Key Updates in Version 6
- Model Manager: Major new functionality for collaborating and centrally organizing models and apps, including access and version control as well as advanced search.
- Uncertainty Quantification Module: A new product that includes global sensitivity and probabilistic tools for uncertainty quantification, including design of experiments.
- A new Application Builder editor for interactively designing menus and ribbon toolbars.
- Ability to organize geometry objects and operations in Group nodes.
- Union and boundary layer operations for imported meshes.
- Improved color tables, including logarithmic scale, for results visualization.
- Ambient occlusion and improved transparency in visualizations make your 3D models appear more realistic.
- Functionality for generating reports as Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentations.
- Support for macOS on M1 processors.
- 10x faster solving for creep and faster solving for nonlinear structural materials in general.
- Significantly easier modeling of mechanical contact with automated generation of pairs and contact conditions.
- Fast reduced-order modeling using the Craig–Bampton method for dynamic or stationary analysis.
- Improved modeling of shells in imported CAD assemblies.
- Fatigue evaluation for random vibrations.
- Contact with friction in crack modeling.
- Fiber-reinforced linear elastic materials.
- Wrinkling in membranes.
Fluid & Heat
- 10x increased efficiency in solving surface-to-surface radiation.
- Multiscale modeling of heat transfer in pellet beds.
- Improved LES with automatic wall treatment and thermal wall functions.
- High-Mach-number-flow analysis for rotating machinery.
- Curing of thermosetting resins.
- Phase separation in rotating machinery with multiple dispersed phases.
- Two-phase flow in porous media for the Brinkman equations with level sets.
- Multiphysics interface for nonisothermal flow in porous media.
Chemical & Electrochemical
- Multiphysics interface for nonisothermal reacting flow.
- Porous catalyst feature for heterogeneous reactions and adsorption.
- Turbulent reacting flow with diluted species.
- Stresses and strains due to lithium intercalation in lithium-ion batteries.
- Event sequences for easier modeling of multistep charge/discharge cycles.
- New material library for fuel cells and electrolyzers.
- Transport of species across fuel cell and electrolyzer membranes.
- New interface for cathodic protection.
CAD Import Module, Design Module, and LiveLink™ Products for CAD
- A Projection feature used to project 3D objects and entities to work planes and 2D geometries.
- Faster and more robust import of ECAD files.
- Improved Detect Interferences tool for interferences between geometry objects.
- Offline synchronization between the COMSOL Multiphysics® software and CAD software.
Click here to learn more about COMSOL Multiphysics Version 6.0.