Rohde & Schwarz will welcome visitors back to Munich for electronica 2022. The Munich-based technology company will showcase a wide range of test and measurement solutions tailored to developers and test engineers at booth A3.307. Visitors will be able to experience the company’s wide range of applications for RF components, microwave components, analog designs, digital designs, EMC, wireless communications, mobile networks and automotive testing. Some key products that R&S plans to showcase for the different sectors are listed below:
RF and Microwave Components
The RF and microwave components of today and tomorrow must answer the latest challenges facing mobility, connectivity, data rates, robustness and power efficiency. Rohde & Schwarz helps design engineers with a comprehensive portfolio of testing solutions that ensure their products perform well. At electronica 2022, visitors can experience the following:
Wireless communications are commonplace, but the technologies behind them are very complex. Rohde & Schwarz has a wide range of testing solutions that support the entire wireless ecosystem. At electronica 2022, visitors can see solutions for two trending technologies:
- 5G FR1 device testing in the lab with the R&S CMX500 5G one-box signaling tester.
- UWB FiRa™ certification testing with the R&S CMP200 radio communication tester.
Mobile Network Testing
Private 5G networks, such as those in smart factories or campus networks, will enable new 5G technology use cases across all industries. Network performance is crucial to stable operations. Rohde & Schwarz will have mobile network testing solutions at electronica 2022 that support optimal quality of experience (QoE) and quality of service (QoS) for human and non-human end-users such as machines, sensors and robots:
The R&S MXO 4 Oscilloscopes
This year, R&S will give special focus to the new R&S MXO 4 oscilloscope series. The next generation oscilloscopes of the R&S®MXO 4 series excel not only with a brilliant 13.3” full-HD capacitive touchscreen. The 4-channel oscilloscopes deliver a number of industry firsts that electronica 2022 visitors can experience first-hand. The new R&S MXO 4 features the world’s fastest real-time update rate of over 4.5 million acquisitions per second, letting development engineers see more signal details and infrequent events than with any other oscilloscope. The 12-bit analog digital converter in the R&S MXO 4 series has 16 times the resolution of traditional 8-bit oscilloscopes at all sample rates and no trade-offs for more precise measurements. A standard acquisition memory of 400 Mpoints on all four channels gives them 100 times the standard memory of comparable oscilloscopes.
Rohde & Schwarz offers test solutions for all the leading automotive industry technologies that will eventually enable autonomous driving. Here are the highlights on display at electronica 2022:
- MultiGBASE-T1 Automotive Ethernet compliance testing with R&S RTO6 and R&S RTP oscilloscopes.
- Automotive radar object simulation with the R&S AREG800A and the R&S QAT100.
- ECU and TCU development and production testing.
- C-V2X testing from lab to field.
When designing and developing integrated circuit board architectures, electronics engineers face ever more complex challenges. At electronica 2022, Rohde & Schwarz showcases electronic design test solutions for numerous applications:
- Signal integrity interface and PCB/interconnect testing with the R&S ZNB vector network analyzer.
- DDR design verification, debugging and compliance testing with an R&S RTP oscilloscope and matching power rail probes.
- Power electronics testing, including battery simulation with the R&S NGU source measure unit and power EMI testing with the R&S RTO6 oscilloscope.
As a leader in electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) testing, Rohde & Schwarz has the following solutions on display to speed up certification:
- EMI pre-compliance testing solutions for conducted emissions with the R&S FPL1000 signal and spectrum analyzer and R&S ELEKTRA test software.
- EMI testing with 1 GHz real-time bandwidth using the R&S ESW EMI test receiver.
- Regulatory EMC and coexistence testing of medical electronics.
Zurich Instruments: research and education
Research is crucial to tomorrow’s game-changing quantum technologies. Rohde & Schwarz addresses this emerging market along with other scientific and industrial research applications together with Zurich Instruments, a subsidiary since the company’s acquisition in 2021. At electronica 2022 visitors can learn more about:
- Quantum computing, from initial testing with Rohde & Schwarz general purpose test equipment to the final operation with tailored hardware and software solutions that use the quantum computing control systems from Zurich Instruments
- Material science applications with the MFIA from Zurich Instruments.
Rohde & Schwarz will be at electronica 2022 in hall A3 at booth 307 from November 15 to 18, 2022.
Click here to see everything RF's coverage of electronica 2022.