Samtec recently introduced the first nMode™ Wireless Sensor Module. The production-ready solution allows engineers to remotely sense and measure inertial, environmental and acoustical parameters. The 13.5 mm x 13.5 mm nMode™ Wireless Sensor Module contains a MEMS accelerometer, gyroscope, magnetometer, pressure sensor, and a MEMS microphone - all from STMicroelectronics. The small size and powerful design makes this Module a standalone node for products such as wearables, gaming accessories, and smart-home or Internet-of-Things (IoT) devices.
Samtec has collaborated with ST to position the module as an FCC-certified production version of ST’s SensorTile development kit. The solution leverages standard ICs and, like ST’s SensorTile, it’s compatible with the STM32 ecosystem through STM32Cube support.
Main features of nMode™ Wireless Sensor Module core system:
- STM32L476 Ultra-low-power with FPU ARM Cortex-M4 MCU with Floating Point Unit
- BlueNRG-MS Bluetooth® low energy network processor
- BALF-NRG-01D3 Integrated Balun Filter
- LSM6DSM 3D Accelerometer + 3D Gyroscope
- LSM303AGR 3D Magnetometer + 3D Accelerometer
- LPS22HB Water and dust-resistant pressure sensor/barometer
- MP34DT04 Digital MEMS microphone
- LD39115J18R Low quiescent, current low noise LDO
- Gaming Accessories
- Smart Homes
- Smart Agriculture
- Smart Industry
- Environmental Sensing
- Free-fall Detection
- Internet of Things
- Security / Proximity Detection
The nMode™ Wireless Sensor Module (P/N OSM-1-1313) will be available in Spring 2017. The Samtec nMode™ Wireless Sensor Module was displayed at the private ST suite at CES 2017 in Las Vegas, NV January 5 to 8, 2017.
Leveraging its patented Glass Core Technology, Samtec plans to release even smaller versions of the nMode™ Wireless Sensor Module and a growing portfolio of standard nMode™ modules throughout 2017. Click here for more information.