LightPointe has introduced the first ruggedized 60 GHz wireless bridge for industrial wireless applications and harsh environments. The IndustrialLink IL60 was designed for Gigabit capacity point to point deployments such as in factories, Machine to Machine (M2M) communications, rail-based and other moving platforms, and related applications where more robust and rugged radios - engineered to handle vibration and movement - can provide high reliability and long product lifespan.
There are a myriad of applications which demand a more rugged radio and mount, which can not be met by the standard radios designed for building connectivity, 4G and 5G, and small cells. For example, these LightPointe’s 60 GHz radios have been deployed in a steel factory on a mobile rail-based platform to communicate operational and quality parameters during steel production. The IndustrialLink IL60 is designed for situations prone to vibration, movement, and varying distances between radios. It can operate from a flexible range of 1 foot to about one mile, beacuse of features such as LightPointe’s power control and 9 levels of Automatic Coding and Modulation (ACM). There are simply no other radios available with such robust hardware design and smart, self-optimizing performance.
Due to LigthPointe’s innovative Lens Antenna, which outperforms and is more stable than flat antennas, and a special rubberized radio mount, full duplex gigabit capacity performance is achieved. And an optional radio monitoring system with built-in Bluetooth enables users to keep an eye on performance in real-time simply by using LightPointe’s AireLink Viewer App, which runs on a smartphone. And best of all, 60 GHz is license free in most countries - so the radios can installed quickly, without regulatory fees.
- High-speed full-duplex up to 1.25 Gbps with low latency (<40 µs).
- Ruggedized housing and rubber mount for high reliability on mobile/rail systems and in harsh environments with vibration.
- Flexible connections, PoE, & helpful LEDs.
- Data transmission using industry leading 9 levels of Adaptive Coding & Modulation (ACM), automatic or user selectable.
- Signal security & interference resistance.
- Optional Full Line Speed FIPS compliant AES 256 encryption.
- Optional BluetoothTM link monitoring app.
- Transmission power control for short distance deployments.
- Choice of fiber optic or copper interfaces.
- Innovative high gain Lens Antenna with the industry’s best side lobe suppression & performance, compared to flat antennas
- Harsh environments such as factories and locations with vibration or other environmental factors where running fiber would be costly or impossible. And thanks to power control, the IL60 can operate close range or up to 1/2 mile.
- M2M (Machine to Machine) communications, such as sensor and metering data, quality monitoring, operational parameter adjustments, and safety information transmission (Industry 4.0/Cyber Physical Systems connectivity).
- Provide communications for mobile Automated Guided Carts (AGC), Autonomous Robots, and rail-based platforms (e.g., manufacturing, automation, amusement park attractions, people movers).
- Data loading/off-loading in transportation applications such as ships/boats near docks, and trains in stations.
- Point to Point connectivity for temporary wireless applications, such as concerts, military theater of operations, and emergency communications restoration.
- Digital video and video surveillance connectivity in severe environments demanding extreme reliability.
LightPointe’s industrial wireless radio is shipping now. Click here for more information.