LightPointe has introduced a new 60 GHz radio, engineered to be more robust and reliable for installations prone to high winds, harsh weather, and vibration. The new IL60 can withstand the wear and tear of repeated deployments, such as in emergency communications restoration, repeated temporary installations at special events, or even demanding environments in the field, such as military theater of operations.
The radio comes integrated with a special high performance lens antenna with a heavy-duty radio enclosure which can be attached to a pole, building, tower - or even a temporary tripod - with a unique vibration-dampening mount. Unlike competing 60 GHz radios, the IL60 is designed to handle the vibration incurred during extreme weather events. The purpose-built radio is engineered to be tough and ultra-reliable in the worst weather. This also makes the license-free IL60 radio ideal in handling the wear and tear of temporary deployments, such as for emergency responders restoring communications, installations for special events, and military bases or Theater of Operations. Its gigabit capacity and available Full Line Speed FIPS compliant AES 256 encryption is also ideal for sensitive communications, such as for C4ISR applications—Command, Control, Communications, Computer, Surveillance and Reconnaissance.
In addition to a more robust hardware design, the IL60 includes unique LightPointe software features such as 9 levels of Adaptive Coding and Modulation and Flexible Power Control—enabling transmission of data or digital video in both long range deployments up to a mile and short range in, for example, a convention center, stadium, or factory requiring an industrial wireless solution.
Typical applications for this ruggedized radio include:
- Emergency communications restoration (Internet, phone, first responders)
- Special events (concerts, conferences, tradeshows, public events)
- Permanent installations in areas with harsh weather (wind gusts, hurricanes, tornados)
- Military bases and Theater of Operations (Army, Marine Corp, Navy, Air Force, and National Guard)
- Corporate and enterprise emergency backup to ensure continuous business operations and revenues after disruption of public networks (hospitals, data centers, banks, stores, ecommerce)
- Special installations prone to vibration (amusement parks, train stations, airports, transportation hubs, bridges and roads).
Click here to learn more about the IL 60.