Disrupting Industrial IoT Through Edge Intelligence
June 03, 2020
11:00 AM Eastern Daylight Time
As more enterprises realize the potential of AI and edge technology to optimize their existing operations, choosing the right industrial edge infrastructure and IoT technology solution is an extremely important step toward building a solid digital transformation program.
In addition to selecting an enterprise grade industrial IoT platform, it is essential to begin with an adaptive smart edge strategy that is standard-based, secure, scalable and fits the needs of today’s manufacturing and industrial companies.
What Attendees Gain:
In this session, Telit and Dell Technologies will discuss how the right edge technology solutions can enable additions to an enterprise’s existing machines and operations. These tools allow process and sensory data to be collected without making modifications to existing processes or capital equipment yet reducing risk and speeding implementation time.
Advantages of Dell Technologies - Telit solution:
1. Combined solution to “IoT Enable” equipment, vehicles, assets
2. Easily deploy a plant-wide, distributed compute infrastructure to extract data from every factory asset including legacy equipment.
3. Bridge the IT-OT gap and build an enterprise-friendly, scalable smart factory infrastructure
4. Easily connect to legacy equipment and send data to factory systems, enterprise applications, and any cloud-based platform.
5. Enable AI/ML with the collection of analytics-quality data from Sensors, PLCs, DCSs, CNCs, Robots, SCADA Systems and more
6. Centrally manage industrial edge applications and connectivity.
7. Build an end-to-end industrial IoT data solution with hardware, Software and management.
President Strategic Partnerships
Fred Yentz joined ILS Technology, a Telit company, as senior vice president and chief operating officer in January 2007, bringing with him more than 20 years industry experience in the technology solution market. Prior to ILS Technology, Fred Yentz served as Vice President and General Manager of RadiSys Corporation, a leading provider of embedded solutions for the telecommunications, enterprise data, medical equipment and the industrial automation marketplaces. While at RadiSys Corporation, Fred served in many capacities including the oversight of World Wide Sales, Marketing, Professional Service, and Business Development in addition to General Manager of Enterprise, Communication and Commercial operating divisions. Fred also worked for IBM where he held various positions with responsibility for Engineering, New Business Development and Management.
Director of Industrial IoT and Edge Strategy
Todd Edmunds is the Director of Industrial IoT and Edge Strategy at Dell Technologies where he has global responsibility for digital manufacturing/smart factory business development and partner alliances leveraging the strength of the key businesses that make up Dell Technologies. Todd is an industry expert with 20+ years’ experience in Industrie 4.0, industrial IoT and Edge Computing having worked for Cisco, Rockwell Automation and a top nationwide solution integrator.
Todd currently chairs the Edge Computing TG for the Industrial Internet Consortium (IIC) and is a member of the steering committee for the newly formed Digital Twin Consortium.