NXP Semiconductors, has announced the release of its new Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) portfolio to help accelerate the number of products and markets able to adopt the new Wi-Fi standard. NXP’s expanded Wi-Fi 6 portfolio represents the company’s new end-to-end vision and differentiated technology approach that is designed to help usher in an era of connectivity innovation for automotive, access, mobile and Industrial and IoT markets.
Wi-Fi 6 delivers additional connectivity improvements, including symmetric multi-gigabit uploads and downloads, dramatically lower latency, increased capacity, and improved power efficiency across applications. These technical advancements have so far been limited to premium products. With NXP’s broad portfolio, these benefits are now available for large-scale deployment across multiple markets, enabling products with today’s most advanced Wi-Fi capabilities, including:
- Up to 4x performance improvement
- Greater range
- Improved battery life
- Greater connection reliability
NXP Wi-Fi 6 Portfolio Highlights
- Performance leading 4x4 and 8x8-stream solutions with integrated Bluetooth 5 for home and enterprise access solutions (88W9064, 88W9068)
- Concurrent Dual Wi-Fi 2x2+2x2 + Bluetooth 5 AEC-Q100 qualified solutions purpose-built for the highest performance infotainment and telematics automotive applications (88Q9098)
- Concurrent Dual Wi-Fi 2x2+2x2 + Bluetooth 5 solutions that provide a best-in-class offering for multimedia streaming and consumer access applications (88W9098)
- IoT-focused 2x2 WiFi 6 + Bluetooth 5 optimized for cost and power
- NXP’s RF front-end solutions portfolio based on Silicon Germanium (SiGe) can scale Wi-Fi 6 capabilities from low-to-high-end applications, including 1x1, 2x2, 4x4 and 8x8 MIMO (multiple input, multiple output) solutions and is packaged in an ultra-compact 3 mm x 4 mm module optimized for the mobile solutions.
NXP’s Connectivity Portfolio
With one of the industry’s broadest portfolios of wireless technologies, NXP is committed to accelerating their vision of a connected world that anticipates and automates. When combined with the processing power of the EdgeVerse platform, NXP is uniquely positioned to enable smart connected devices – making lives easier, safer, and more convenient.
Whether it’s connecting people to the Internet, joining IoT devices to the cloud, or communicating with cars in new and unexpected ways, NXP’s portfolio allows customers to advance their most innovative ideas with confidence and a sense of trust.
Click here to view NXP's connectivity portfolio on everything RF.