Times Microwave Systems has introduced the Clarity 70 test cable that is designed to accommodate high frequencies required for automotive systems, 5G, and other advanced testing applications. The Clarity 70 test cable is ultra-stable through 70 GHz with exceptionally low attenuation, and boasts steel torque, crush and overbend protection with abrasion resistance—without compromising flexibility. The design includes an ergonomic, stainless steel protective barrel strain relief and a hex coupling nut.
Clarity 70 is the newest addition to Times Microwave Systems’ proven Clarity Series, known for its industry-leading performance and unparalleled value.
Key features of Clarity 70:
- The test lead offers a very repeatable, low insertion loss cable that functions throughout the desired frequency range to ensure a high-fidelity measurement.
- Clarity 70 offers a phase-stable cable assembly that utilizes a microporous PTFE dielectric, coupled with a helically wound metalized interlayer to maintain flex, phase, and amplitude stable test assembly.
- It is ideal for automotive systems, 5G, and other advanced testing applications.
- The Clarity 70 test cable boasts steel torque, crush and overbend protection with abrasion resistance- without compromising flexibility.
- The design includes an ergonomic, stainless steel protective barrel strain relief and a hex coupling nut.
Test systems are usually connected and disconnected often, and typically move from module to module. With high frequencies, this could require recalibration every time a module or cable is moved. Clarity 70 was designed with a long flex life to withstand extensive handling and can be easily moved around on a test bench, either in R&D or in a production environment. This helps to reduce the amount of recalibration required while maintaining stability.
“5G and other advanced technologies have introduced new testing challenges in terms of repeatability, reliability, and reproducibility,” said John Muzzio, Applications Engineer at Times Microwave. “Clarity 70 features a broad frequency response, a rugged and durable construction, phase stability, and a long flex life to enable our customers to test their innovative new products with ease.”
Additionally, 1.85 mm connectors come standard with the Clarity 70. These connectors are designed to handle frequencies to 70 GHz and the rigors of testing. There are three 1.85 mm connector types, male, female, and ruggedized female for use with vector network analyzers.
Over the decades, Times Microwave Systems has designed and built thousands of assemblies and delivered proven performance in the most rigorous environments. In-house engineering and manufacturing capabilities enable Times Microwave to deliver RF products that meet the most demanding requirements, including customized solutions in product design, installation, regulatory compliance, and performance improvement, with global manufacturing capabilities across six sites around the world. Most importantly, as a manufacturer with fully integrated design, production, assembly, and testing capabilities, Times Microwave can deliver RF interconnect solutions from conception through testing and production.
Click here to learn more about the Clarity 70 Test Cable.