Pico Technology, a leader in the field of PC Oscilloscopes and data loggers has introduced the PicoSource AS108 Agile Synthesizer that generates signals to meet the needs of both benchtop and integrated module applications. The AS108 is a full-function USB-controlled vector (IQ) modulating signal synthesizer. It operates from 300 kHz to 8 GHz and is supplied with a clean, easy, and efficient user interface for controlling its amplitude, frequency, and phase agility; including modulations, sweeps, hopping and list modes from Microsoft Windows. Its broad frequency range, fast settling, and programmable phase, frequency, and amplitude make it ideal for a wide range of applications, with the added advantages of low cost, and small footprint. Multiple synthesizers can be controlled from multiple instances of the software running on a single controlling PC or device. It can be also controlled remotely using an API interface.
The AS108 has professional-grade performance that is effective in both static and parameter-agile applications, making it a bench or field instrument for developers, scientists, educators, students, and service and installation technicians. Its speed, external clock referencing, trigger capabilities, and user-programmable power-up mode all suit it to system integrations such as automated tests, unmanned installations, and multi-signal stimuli.
Key features of AS108 Agile Synthesizer:
- 300 kHz to 8 GHz operation.
- –15 dBm to +15 dBm dynamic range.
- Fast 55 μs frequency settling time to 10 ppm.
- Fast amplitude settling: < 25 μs to 1 dB and < 200 μs to 0.1 dB.
- Sweep, hop, and list of frequency and level or list phase and level.
- −100 dBc/Hz phase noise typical at 1 GHz and 10 kHz offset.
- FM, ØM, and AM modulation, internal sine or external input.
- External reference clock I/O and trigger I/O.
- Use sweep lists to emulate schemes such as QPSK, QAM, ASK, FSK.
- Adjustable dwell and trigger sweep or trigger next point modes.
- Work in and convert units of measure to suit the application.
- Programming examples for LabVIEW, C, C#, Python, MATLAB.
- Suited to bench, field, and system integration applications.
- USB-controlled from Windows PC and display or tablet.
- Touch, mouse, keyboard, or remote interface software (API included).
- Multi-unit operation with synchronized modulation, sweeps, hops, and lists.
- Configurable stand-alone operation mode.
Click here to learn more about AS108 Agile Synthesizer.