Radio Frequency Systems (RFS), a global designer and manufacturer of total-package solutions for wireless infrastructure, has announced it has added two new antenna models to its PrimeLine TowerBooster portfolio of dual-band, dual-polarized microwave antennas. The new antenna models combine frequency ranges that are commonly used for long-haul microwave links around the world:
- Wideband 6 GHz (5.925 to 7.125 GHz) and high-band 7 GHz (7.4 to 8.0 GHz)
- Wideband 6 GHz (5.925 to 7.125 GHz) and high-band 8 GHz (7.7 to 8.5 GHz)
Like all PrimeLine TowerBooster microwave antennas, the new antenna models double or quadruple capacity on long-haul microwave links compared to single-band antennas, allowing microwave users to meet rapidly increasing backhaul requirements with a single, high-performance antenna.
Higher backhaul capacity with a low total cost of ownership
As microwave users upgrade to 5G networks, they need a cost-effective way to backhaul significantly higher volumes of data. PrimeLine TowerBooster antennas support horizontal and vertical polarization in each band, allowing microwave users to:
- Double capacity compared to single-band, dual-polarized microwave antennas
- Quadruple capacity compared to single-band, single-polarized microwave antennas
The new PrimeLine TowerBooster antennas are available in sizes ranging from 4 ft to 12 ft, and have the same footprint as RFS single-band antennas of the same size, enabling one-for-one replacement. Microwave users can significantly increase backhaul capacity with no need to pay for additional antenna transportation costs, lease additional tower space or compromise on antenna performance. RFS is the only microwave antenna vendor to offer dual-band, dual-polarized microwave antennas in 12-ft sizes.
Superior microwave antenna performance and reliability
To ensure superior electrical and mechanical performance, and microwave link reliability, RFS PrimeLine TowerBooster microwave antennas:
- Provide ETSI Class 3 ultra-high performance, including better return loss, front-to-back ratio and gain than alternative antenna models of the same size
- Feature high cross-polarization discrimination (XPD) between the two bands to support high-capacity cross-polarization interference cancellation (XPIC) and Co-Channel Dual Polarization (CCDP) applications
- Maximize the effects of link diversity in a single antenna to mitigate multipath fading on long-distance links and to increase link quality and availability
- Incorporate RFS structural design features to achieve outstanding mechanical reliability, including support for operational wind speeds up to 190 km/h in all antenna sizes to lead the industry
- Are available in our field-proven high wind, high ice configurations to ensure reliable operation in severe environments and climates
“With our expanded portfolio of dual-band, dual-polarized microwave antennas, microwave backhaul users globally can take advantage of our PrimeLine TowerBooster antennas to achieve business-critical capacity increases in a very cost-effective way,” says Guillaume Prot, RFS Global Product Line Manager. “Microwave users can choose the long-haul microwave frequency combinations and antenna sizes needed to meet current and expected capacity requirements, and benefit from our industry-leading performance, reliability and size options.”
The RFS PrimeLine TowerBooster family of dual-band, dual-polarized microwave antennas also include models ranging in size from 4 ft to 12 ft that support the wideband 6 GHz (5.925 to 7.125 GHz) and 11 GHz (10.3 to 11.7 GHz) frequency ranges in a single antenna.
To enable end-to-end backhaul capacity increases, RFS provides short-haul, dual-band antennas that support high-capacity, low-latency 80 GHz (E band) transmissions as well as higher availability 15, 18 or 23 GHz transmissions in a single antenna.
Click here to learn more about RFS on everything RF.