Fixed Wireless Access (FWA) is an effective and scalable cellular wireless option for broadband connectivity to stationary equipment that provides Internet access. This new white paper entitled Fixed Wireless Access with 5G Networks details how FWA might impact the broadband market with attractive opportunities for 5G based residential and service in both urban and rural geographies.
5G FWA can eliminate the need for costly deployment of fixed access infrastructure while also offering significant peak download and upload rates. As 5G networks evolve, FWA solutions are expected to achieve massive scale, with 10 to 100 times more capacity than 4G networks.
Additionally, the white paper provides deployment considerations for mobile operators regarding spectrum availability of low, mid and mmWave band spectrum. It describes how physical location, small cell siting and other considerations can impact FWA and how capacity, product speeds, 5G New Radio technologies involving beamforming and high order modulation and customer premise equipment strategy will play a vital role in its rollout to customers.
Fixed Wireless Access with 5G Networks examines the following areas:
- Fixed Wireless Access background and how COVID-19 impacts progress of FWA
- FWA use cases
- 5G features and capabilities that will elevate FWA in the 5G Radio Access Network (RAN) & core networks
- Spectrum considerations with an insight into sites, product speeds, capacity, and customer premise equipment
- Security advantages of 5G-based FWA
- The regulatory environment around FWA