Anritsu's New Radio RF Conformance Test System - ME7873NR has been certified by PTCRB as the world’s first system for mmWave band (FR2) RRM (Remote Resource Management) tests. The ME7873NR achieved the world-first certification by PTCRB for 5G NR FR2 NSA mode RRM tests at the PTCRB meeting in June 2021 following GCF approval at the CAG meeting in April 2021. FR2 RRM tests focus on measuring UE connection stability and mobility operation as key tests in assuring effective use of limited wireless resources.
In achieving these GCF and PTCRB certifications, Anritsu has made important contributions by submitting many technical documents to 3GPP RAN5 meetings to help the development of 5G FR2 RF Conformance Test standards.
For the future, Anritsu intends to play an important role in the deployment of widespread commercial 5G services by obtaining further certifications for 5G RF/RRM tests.
Key features of RF Conformance Test System:
- The ME7873NR is an automated system for 3GPP TS 38.521/TS 38.533 5G NR RF and RRM tests.
- It supports both 5G NR Standalone (SA) and Non-Standalone (NSA) modes.
- In addition, the combination with the CATR Anechoic Chamber MA8172A for 5G OTA (CATR) covers all 5G frequency bands, including not only the 3GPP FR1 (Sub-6 GHz) band but also the FR2 (mmWave) band.
- The ME7873NR flexible system configuration can be customized easily to match required test measurement conditions.
- And as a bonus to help cut investment in the 5G test system, Anritsu’s earlier LTE-Advanced RF Conformance Test System ME7873LA can be upgraded easily to this more advanced ME7873NR system for 5G.
Click here to learn more about ME7873NR.
Click here to learn more about MA8172A.