FormFactor, a leading provider of test and measurement equipment has developed Next-generation, high-frequency probes with advanced features. The InfinityXT probe series has set the benchmark for accuracy and repeatability in the device characterization and modeling community for more than a decade. The new InfinityXT series advances the industry standard with a higher temperature range, better tip visibility and durability, and support for narrower pitches as the market evolves.
Recently, the industry has experienced explosive growth in the RF and microwave devices, driven by the automotive, mobile communications/5G, and IoT device markets. The development of the new InfinityXT probe has been guided by the requirements of these high-growth markets. The requirements include ultra-wide bandwidth and wide temperature ranges for device modeling and characterization. Device measurements for modeling are one of the most demanding on-wafer measurement applications, requiring extremely high measurement accuracy and repeatability since extracted parameters are highly sensitive to very slight differences.
Key features of InfinityXT probe series
- 67 GHz and 110 GHz versions available: IXT67 (67 GHz) & IXT110 (110 GHz) in angled body style with 1.85 and 1 mm connector, respectively.
- Excellent return and insertion loss combined with low and repeatable contact resistance on aluminum pads. This helps to ensure high-accuracy S-parameter measurements to meet the requirements of the most demanding applications.
- Continues the Infinity family’s Industry-leading electrical performance.
- High-temperature capability (175° C +) for automotive device characterization and other applications.
- Better tip visibility for enhanced placement accuracy and repeatability.
- Improved tip life/durability with solid rhodium contacts.
- New tip architecture enables support for narrower pitches (e.g. 25 um).
- The advanced mechanical design combined with small contacts enables probing on smaller pads/pitches and improves durability and robustness.
Click here to learn more about the InfinityXT probe series.
Click here to view RF probes from Form Factor and other manufacturers on everything RF.