Laird Connectivity, a global leader in wireless technology, has announced the new Sentrius BT710 tracker to help organizations with real-time social distancing and contact tracing for personnel monitoring and safety. This new Bluetooth tracker uses long-range Bluetooth 5.0 and has three user alerts for social distancing notifications including four highly visible LEDs, vibration, and a beeper. These notifications are used to help employees maintain a six-foot separation distance in real-time.
Features of BT710 tracker
- The BT710 tracker logs information of the other BT710 tracker devices it has been in contact with and its duration which can then be used for contact tracing.
- Data can be downloaded from the BT710 trackers using Laird Connectivity's MG100 Bluetooth Low Energy to the cellular micro gateway or the IG60 gateway which provides Wi-Fi, Ethernet, or cellular connectivity.
- The BT710 Bluetooth tracker leverages Laird Connectivity's Bluetooth module expertise and integrates with TruPoint Antenna Diversity System for more accurate location performance.
- Powered with a low-cost CR2477 battery for longer lifetimes than typical Bluetooth beacons, the tracker is ready to go for long term deployments without recharging a battery.
- The BT710 tracker can be attached to a lanyard or utilize its built-in clip. Future versions will enable wristband and helmet worn adaptors.
- Laird Connectivity's in-house suite of professional engineering services, customers can customize their BT710 enclosure, application firmware/mobile apps, and more to meet their specific application requirements.
The BT710 device will be sampling in August to select customers and partners. Pre-orders are being accepted now to meet high volume requirements.
Click here to read more about the Bluetooth tracker.