Qorvo has introduced a Multi-Protocol SoC Controller that supports Zigbee, Thread, and Bluetooth Low Energy standards. The QPG6100 is designed for connected lighting applications, switches, and other smart home end nodes. The controller is based on Qorvo’s ConcurrentConnect technology that enables Zigbee, Thread, and Bluetooth Low Energy to operate simultaneously in a single chip design.
The QPG6100 is also available in a development kit that provides a complete hardware and software solution for building Bluetooth Low Energy, Bluetooth Mesh, Zigbee, and Thread connected products with the QPG6100 IoT SoC. The kit enables quick time-to-market with a complete set of software, development boards, tools, and documentation.
Key features of QPG6100:
- The QPG6100 from Qorvo is a Multi-Protocol SoC Controller that supports Zigbee, Thread, and Bluetooth Low Energy standards.
- It is based on ConcurrentConnect technology that allows concurrent listening and instantaneous switching between BLE and IEEE 802.15.4 protocols with no observable blind spots.
- The SoC has a Bluetooth data rate of 2 Mbit/s and consists of integrated baluns and RF filters.
- It is built using a patented IEEE 802.15.4 antenna diversity scheme that improves the reliable link budget by 8 dB resulting in approximately 70 % more coverage and range.
- In high-density networks, the SoC supports packet-in-packet resynchronization that improves communication reliability further.
- It requires a DC supply of 1.8-3.6 V and can be controlled via UART, SPI, I2C, I2S, USB 2.0, and PDM interfaces.
- The QPG6100 consists of enhanced security capabilities that ensure an inherent highly secure smart home solution with built-in support for secure boot and OTA software upgrades.
- The SoC is available in a QFN40 package that measures 6 x 6 mm and is ideal for low-power IoT end-node applications such as connected lighting, sensors, smart plugs, thermostats, and smart meters.
Key benefits of QPG6100:
- Fast time-to-market by leveraging reference applications as a basis for turn-key product solutions.
- Easy building of single SKU products with standard agnostic solutions that seamlessly integrate with a Bluetooth Low Energy Mesh and Zigbee network using Qorvo’s patented ConcurrentConnect technology.
- Interoperable with major Smart Home eco-systems: IKEA Home Smart, Philips Hue, Samsung SmartThings, and Amazon Alexa.
QPG6100 supports Thread and Connected Home over IP applications through their respective open-source SW repositories. The development kit contains 3 development boards to quickly prototype applications. These boards combine QPG6100, peripherals, LEDs, buttons, power supply and a program/debug interface.
Click here to learn more about the QPG6100.