Skyworks Solutions, an innovator of high-performance analog semiconductors connecting people, places, and things, has reported the fourth fiscal quarter and fiscal year-end results for the period ended on Oct. 1, 2021.
Revenue for the fourth fiscal quarter of 2021 was $1.311 billion, up 17 percent sequentially and 37 percent year over year and exceeding consensus estimates. For the fiscal year 2021, revenue was $5.109 billion, with GAAP diluted earnings per share of $8.97, up 87 percent year over year.
“Skyworks set new records for revenue and earnings for the fourth quarter and the fiscal year, delivering significant year-over-year growth in response to robust demand across our expanded product portfolio,” said Liam K. Griffin, chairman, CEO, and president of Skyworks. “Our strong performance throughout the initial stage of a multi-year wireless transition has been powered by deep customer relationships and decades of investments in innovative connectivity solutions. Leveraging strategic technologies from high-performance filters to custom gallium arsenide and advanced packaging, our world-class manufacturing capabilities enable us to effectively navigate a complex supply environment, capturing expanding opportunities across our end markets.
“Looking ahead, Skyworks’ cash generation ability is funding capacity expansion and next-generation technology development, positioning us for continued leadership and sustainable growth as the transition to 5G and other advanced connectivity solutions continues.”
Fourth Fiscal Quarter Business Highlights
- Extended the reach of our Sky5® portfolio, powering the latest launches of leading Tier-1 smartphone OEMs
- Delivered 5G CPE solutions to Nokia
- Partnered with Swisscom to launch their Wi-Fi 6 GPON residential gateways
- Ramped Wi-Fi 6 and 6E platforms at NETGEAR and Cisco
- Launched connected home and security devices with Amazon Ring and Comcast
- Shipped Sky5® platforms supporting Samsung’s Galaxy Book Pro 360
- Captured design wins at Garmin supporting mobile fitness applications
- Provided power isolation solutions to a strategic manufacturer of EV, residential solar and energy storage systems
- Supported autonomous driving at a market-leading Robotaxi vehicle platform
- Enabled advanced Charge Control Unit systems for a Tier-1 European automotive OEM
First Fiscal Quarter 2022 Outlook
“Based on continued content gains, product ramps and design wins across both mobile and broad markets, we expect further double-digit sequential revenue and earnings growth in the December quarter,” said Kris Sennesael, senior vice president and chief financial officer of Skyworks. “Specifically, in the first fiscal quarter of 2022, we anticipate revenue to be between $1.475 billion and $1.525 billion with non-GAAP diluted earnings per share of $3.10 at the midpoint of our revenue range.”