Taoglas, a leading enabler of digital transformation through IoT, launched its comprehensive System-on-Module (SoM) portfolio for instant IoT development, designed for a range of technology applications including transportation, remote healthcare and smart buildings.
The new SoMs are based on Taoglas’ award-winning design platform and offer the ultimate degree of flexibility and scalability while shortening time-to-market for OEMs and enterprises. Taoglas customers can choose from any of its multi-sensor, pre-certified boards, making the IoT design process as simple as activating a SIM card.
Taoglas’ EDGE portfolio delivers exceptional functionality while integrating many technologies, including edge computing, centimeter-level positioning, a variety of cellular standards and connectivity options, artificial intelligence, machine learning and machine vision AI -- targeting applications as varied as smart agriculture, smart buildings, transportation, autonomous devices, V2X, construction and healthcare.
Adrian Burns, Head IoT Solutions Architect at Taoglas stated that whether it’s in the area of connected health, energy and utility, agriculture and industrial, or construction, Taoglas can ensure the project doesn’t come up against any of the common challenges that normally face IoT projects time to market. With a proven and highly reliable platform and approach, their team of world-class firmware and hardware experts, front-end and back-end developers and RF engineers will work with the consumer to bring industry-leading IoT solutions to market quickly and cost-effectively. By working with Taoglas, there’s no need to engage in a long and expensive design process.
He further mentioned that they can provide development, manufacturing and supply services for the complete hardware solution to be the one-stop shop for enterprises looking to transform their business through IoT. Taoglas can take one of their off-the-shelf SoMs and use it as is in the device to provide computing and connectivity, or they can quickly customize it with additional functionality, for example adding a camera vision component, or integrating it into the consumer’s existing legacy equipment.
With a flexible offering covering most connectivity options, global positioning standards, vision AI and sensors, the Taoglas EDGE SoM portfolio is a complete edge-to-cloud enablement platform comprising of hardware, a cloud-based management platform and connectivity — helping enterprises reduce the cost and complexity of introducing IoT strategies and providing real-time insights and intelligence to help advance a smarter and safer future.
Salient attributes of the Taoglas’ EDGE SoMs include:
- Highly-reliable robust codebase
- Device lifecycle management
- Integration with Taoglas Insights cloud-based platform for device, data management and analytics
- On-board sensors
- On-board optimized antennas with optional external antenna options
- Firmware maintenance support, upgrade services and OTA updates
Taoglas has the expertise and experience to help enterprises get IoT solutions to market on time, the first time. Taoglas’ hardware and software experts will work with our customers from initial strategy definition through to the design, build, deployment, manufacturing and lifecycle management. All technologies are properly integrated into your solution, always connected, easy-to-use, low-power, secure, intelligent and market-ready.
Taoglas SoM portfolio includes:
- The new Taoglas EDGE EC55 is based on Taoglas’ award-winning Taoglas EDGE EC45 SoM. It has seven onboard environmental and movement sensors, cellular and Bluetooth connectivity and is based on ARM Cortex M7 processor, firmware/OS RTOS, validated applications libraries (Real-time performance) and comes with an advanced onboard analytics engine (Kinetica).
- The Taoglas EDGE EM15 is a compact multi-sensor SoM with cellular, Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n, Bluetooth classic, BLE5.2 (AOA/AOD) connectivity with ultra-low power consumption in a small form factor. It features a dual-core processor, optimised firmware/OS RTOS, validated applications libraries (Real-time performance) and comes with an advanced onboard analytics engine (Kinetica).
- The Taoglas EDGE IG25 is an industrial multi-sensor SoM with cellular and Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n connectivity including industrial communication protocols, integrated digital and analog I/Os, industrial-grade connectors, low power consumption and also features a dual-core processor, firmware/OS RTOS and applications.
With Taoglas’ production-ready SoMs, cloud platform and APIs, Taoglas offers turnkey IoT hardware and software platforms as well as comprehensive development services, manufacturing capabilities and expert technical support. Samples are currently available with different cellular options depending on customers’ use cases.