Southwest Antennas has announced the release of its first antenna for the Iridium worldwide satellite communication and location service network. It is designed to provide accurate timing and location services for Iridium or GPS receivers, manpack radios, hand-held tactical radio systems, and other small form factor radio systems.
The Southwest Antennas Part # 1027-035 supports Iridium transmission and reception, allowing for two-way voice and data communication from anywhere in the world. When paired with an Iridium radio and data service plan this antenna will enable communication anywhere that has an open sky view. GPS L1 is also supported, which can be used for timing and location services for any attached radio system which supports GPS reception.
The radiation pattern provides wide 120 degree hemispherical coverage to capture as much sky as possible and reduce satellite acquisition time. The small size and light weight design of this rugged, high-performance Iridium/GPS antenna makes it ideal for unmanned systems, autonomous vehicles, and other automated or remote assets where antenna size needs to be minimized. The Part # 1027-035 features a recessed TNC (m) Non-Rotating RF connector and is IP67 rated.
Features of the Southwest 1027-035 Antenna
- Iridium and GPS L1 frequency coverage
- supports Iridium transmission mode for global communication
- small form factor, light-weight
- ruggedized design
- ground plane independent
- recessed non-rotating TNC(m) RF connector
- exceptional pattern bandwidth
- waterproof to 20 meters (65.6 ft) when mated
Applications of the Southwest 1027-035 Antenna
- navigation systems
- military and security
- manpack radios
- handheld radios
- small form factor radios
- low profile vehicle mounts
- unattended / Intelligent Munitions Systems
- dismounted soldier-level communications
- unmanned aerial and ground vehicles
- IED recognition & destruction jamming systems
- asset tracking
- precision timing
- LBS & M2M applications
- oil & gas industries
- law enforcement
- mobile computing
Click here to learn about Southwest 1027-035 Iridium/GPS antenna.
Click here to learn more about Southwest Antennas.