Ultra, a company that provides application-engineered solutions for mission-critical aerospace and defense applications has designed an efficient C-band radar transponder for radars. The MD50C-5 is a miniature precision augmentation device used to enhance the capability of C-band radars. It is utilized primarily for range safety functions and can be used in both manned and unmanned vehicles.
This transponder is applicable to precision tracking of aircrafts, sounding rockets, missiles, and drone targets, both sea and airborne. Through the use of a state-of-the-art RF-to-video detection receiver, typical IF down-conversion components such as the local oscillator, mixer, and IF amplifier are eliminated. The reduced parts count leads to increased overall unit reliability. The design of the MD50C-5 utilizes the latest in modern devices and circuitry. It is all solid-state, except for the triode transmitter, to provide a reliable product with an extremely long operating life.
Key Features of the New Radar Transponder:
- 50 Watt peak power output
- Long life triode cavity oscillator transmitter
- Sensitive direct RF-to-video detection receiver
- Small, less than 25 cubic inches (405 cubic cms)
- Lightweight, less than 20 ounces (567 grams)
- Tunable over 5.4 to 5.9 GHz
- Adjustable internal delay
- Reverse polarity power lead protection
- Single and double pulse interrogation settings
- Adjustable code spacing
- Built-in duplexer for single antenna operation and protection from high antenna reflections.
Click here to learn more about the new C-band radar transponder.
Click here to learn more about Ultra's Latest Products.