Skyworks Solutions, an innovator of high-performance analog and mixed signal semiconductors connecting people, places and things, reported fourth fiscal quarter and fiscal year-end results for the period ended Sept. 30, 2022.
Revenue for the fourth fiscal quarter of 2022 was $1.407 billion, up 7% year over year, exceeding consensus estimates. For fiscal year 2022, revenue was $5.486 billion, up 7% compared to the prior year.
“Throughout the fiscal year, our connectivity solutions enabled a broad set of applications across the mobile, IoT, automotive, data center and infrastructure markets. Our decades of investments in innovative products, deep customer relationships and internal fabrication capabilities are enabling us to effectively navigate a challenging macroeconomic and geopolitical environment.” said Liam K. Griffin, chairman, chief executive officer and president of Skyworks.
Fourth Fiscal Quarter Business Highlights:
- Partnered with Vodafone to launch the United Kingdom’s first Wi-Fi 6E broadband gateway
- Shipped into Tri-Band fiber gateway platforms for Frontier Communications
- Launched advanced connectivity solutions with Amazon supporting their Wi-Fi 6 power-over-ethernet access points
- Delivered integrated platforms to the leading 5G smartphone OEMs, including flagship and mid-tier launches at Google and Samsung, among others
- Provided programmable timing solutions for a leading optical transport OEM, simplifying 100G/400G capacity expansion in data centers and telco network deployments
- Captured new 5G designs at Samsung enabling service providers to expand mid-band capacity and coverage
- Leveraged our comprehensive timing technologies with a leading O-RAN small cell provider
- Secured key automotive digital radio platforms with the global EV leader and a top European luxury brand
- Powered energy management solutions for a leader in the smart home market
- Received a Key Supplier Award from Schneider Electric, highlighting the unique capabilities of Skyworks’ growing power isolation portfolio
On a GAAP basis, operating income for the fourth fiscal quarter was $388.0 million with diluted earnings per share of $1.88. On a non-GAAP basis, operating income was $528.6 million with non-GAAP diluted earnings per share of $3.02. And GAAP diluted earnings per share were $7.81. Non-GAAP diluted earnings per share for fiscal year 2022 were $11.24.
“Skyworks set new records for revenue and non-GAAP earnings per share for the fourth quarter and the fiscal year, delivering year-over-year growth driven by our increasingly diversified product portfolio and disciplined execution. Moving forward, Skyworks’ strong profitability and cash generation continue to support development of next-generation technologies, positioning us for long-term growth and market share gains across diverse end markets.” said Liam K. Griffin, chairman, chief executive officer and president of Skyworks.
Click here to learn more about Skyworks.