CAES has introduced Sinuous Antennas that are available to support virtually all polarization needs including dual-linear and dual (LHCP+RHCP) circular. Sinuous Antennas provide RF performance similar to comparably-sized planar spiral antennas, while also supporting reception of multiple signal polarizations. In addition, low-loss RF switches can be easily integrated with these antennas to allow user polarization selection via a DC bias on the RF center conductor.
Key features of Sinuous Antennas include:
- Dual-linear and dual-circular polarization
- An Integrated (optional) solid-state RF switch enables user-selectable polarization
- An Integrated (optional) hybrid provides dual circular polarization
- Ultra-wide bandwidth (up to 36:1)
- Low axial ratio and minimal beam squint
- Available as phase and amplitude matched sets for precision direction finding and interferometer applications
- Qualified for severe military airborne environment
CAES offers a variety of Sinuous Antennas to meet customer design needs. Click here to learn more.